The American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce is one of the largest and most active American chambers in Europe. It was established in 1932 to promote economic and business relations between the United States and Greece. It is a wholly autonomous, not-for-profit organization and receives no subsidy from any government body. The Chamber is governed by an Executive Committee and a Board of Directors.
The Chamber aims to:
• Promote the harmonious development in Greek-American relations in the economic and business field
• Aid the increase in trade and development between the two countries and acquaint and inform the American business community in Greece with the economic environment and business practices of the host country
• Assist Greek businesspeople who wish to create business partnerships with American companies
• Represent the American business community vis-a-vis government departments and agencies
• Aid and assist importers and investors in their respective countries
• Provide a forum for an exchange of views on matters of mutual business and commercial interests
The Athens Stock Exchange since its establishment in 1876, consistently participate in the financial and business developments in the country. Athens Exchange Group (ATHEX Group), provides support to the Greek Capital Market. ATHEX Group operates the organized Equities and Derivatives markets, the alternative market and performs clearing and settlement of trades.
The Athens Stock Exchange, through its markets, offers solutions and financing tools to businesses, expands investor choice by providing a safe, stable and easy environment in full alignment with international practices and the European regulatory framework. It has held the ISO 22301:2012 international standard for Business Continuity, for all its companies, including all its operations as well as the products & services it provides.
In a period that the role of stock markets in exploring alternative ways of financing business, at a European level, is significantly enhanced, the Athens Exchange Group has taken a series of initiatives to highlight the attractiveness of the Greek Capital Market and the Greek companies to the international investment community and expand the variety of investment opportunities.
Its shares are traded on the Main Market of the Athens Stock Exchange (Symbol: EXAE). The profiles of the ATHEX Group and its markets can be downloaded from the link. More information can be found in the website www.athexgroup.gr
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst &Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.